For executive directors
If you are an executive director you are invited to join one of our chief executive development network offers, Action for Change (AfC).
After working with catalytic speakers on an important theme for senior leaders in health and care (for example, health inequalities), you will form facilitated community of practice meetings regularly to act and learn together.
Expert seminar series
Designed to catalyse collective action for Executive Leaders on current health and care priorities, the offer comprises an expert seminar series supported by half-day action learning sets which meet three times over six months to translate ideas into practice.
Our first AfC theme will be on The Politics of Leading Integration, comprising four seminars with:
- Raj Jain, Chief Executive of Northern Care Alliance NHS Group with Local Authority colleagues, on 23 March 2021, 15.30-18:00 (please note the new time).
- Three NHS Chief Executives:
Cara Charles-Barks, Chief Executive, Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust; Stacey Hunter, Chief Executive, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust; Kevin McNamara, Chief Executive, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (27th May 2021, 16.15 – 17.30)
Recent past seminars
- Jon Rouse, City Director, City of Stoke on Trent (Action Learning Sets will be formed after this first seminar, meeting three times between February and August 2021, dates to be organised by Set members)
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester, (25 February 2021, 14:45 – 15:45)
- Professor Sir Michael Marmot will launch CEDN’s second Action for Change series on Health Inequalities: Leading for Equality (Wednesday 3 March from 14.30 to 17.45). Comprising an expert seminar with Professor Sir Michael Marmot and three related action-learning sets over six months, this Action for Change theme is now more urgent than ever in light of the clear impact of inequalities on the incidence and outcomes of Covid 19. Starting with an informative and challenging seminar with a world-leading thinker on inequalities, the facilitated action learning sets will then support the radical leadership practice required to influence for health equalities.
Themed Webinar dates
The new webinars offer leadership perspectives from other sectors alongside expert guidance on handling universal leadership challenges:
- Democratic decision making and future generations: Sophie Howe, Commissioner for the Well Being of Future Generations, Welsh Assembly
- Developing your executive team – 2nd March 2021, 09:00 – 12:00
- Developing your Chair/Chief Executive relationship
To register your interest in joining one of the upcoming webinars please click the link below.
Democratic decision making and future generations: Sophie Howe, Commissioner for the Well Being of Future Generations, Welsh Assembly – took place in January. A recording of this session will follow soon.
Non-urgent advice: We’d like your feedback
This collection of materials is under development. When you have visited the appropriate sections for you from the suite above we would be grateful if you would use the feedback form.