For executive directors
If you are an executive director you are invited to join one of our chief executive development network offers, Action for Change (AfC).
After working with catalytic speakers on an important theme for senior leaders in health and care (for example, health inequalities), you will form facilitated community of practice meetings regularly to act and learn together.
Expert seminar series
Designed to catalyse collective action for Executive Leaders on current health and care priorities, the offer comprises an expert seminar series supported by half-day action learning sets which meet three times over six months to translate ideas into practice.
26th May – Sir David Dalton (9:30 –12:00)
Provider Collaboratives: New Ways of Working with Sir David Dalton
The recent updated Policy Paper issued by the Department of Health & Social Care (11th February 2021) was titled: “Integration and innovation: working together to improve health and social care for all”.
Come and explore what this might mean with Sir David Dalton, a serving NHS Chief Executive for 25 years. Sir David has led the development of new Local Care Organisations, comprising integrated care services (hospital, community, primary and social care) across four localities, with the triple aim of improved population health outcomes, better user experience and reduced costs.
Please note this session is open to CEOs and Chairs only.
Action for Change Series – Continuing the theme of: The Politics of Leading Integration
- Three NHS Chief Executives: Cara Charles-Barks, Chief Executive, Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust, Stacey Hunter, Chief Executive, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust and Kevin McNamara, Chief Executive, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – 27 May, 4.15 pm – 5.30 pm
Recent past seminars
- Raj Jain, Chief Executive of Northern Care Alliance NHS Group with Local Authority colleagues (23 March 2021).
- Jon Rouse, City Director, City of Stoke on Trent (Action Learning Sets will be formed after this first seminar, meeting three times between February and August 2021, dates to be organised by Set members)
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester, (25 February 2021)
- Professor Sir Michael Marmot will launch CEDN’s second Action for Change series on Health Inequalities: Leading for Equality (Wednesday 3 March). (Recording of event: Health Inequalities: Leading for equality)
Comprising an expert seminar with Professor Sir Michael Marmot and three related action-learning sets over six months, this Action for Change theme is now more urgent than ever in light of the clear impact of inequalities on the incidence and outcomes of Covid 19. Starting with an informative and challenging seminar with a world-leading thinker on inequalities, the facilitated action learning sets will then support the radical leadership practice required to influence for health equalities.
Themed Webinar dates
The new webinars offer leadership perspectives from other sectors alongside expert guidance on handling universal leadership challenges:
- Democratic decision making and future generations: Sophie Howe, Commissioner for the Well Being of Future Generations, Welsh Assembly
- Developing your executive team – 2nd March 2021
- Developing your Chair/Chief Executive relationship
To register your interest in joining one of the upcoming webinars please click the link below.
Non-urgent advice: We’d like your feedback
This collection of materials is under development. When you have visited the appropriate sections for you from the suite above we would be grateful if you would use the feedback form.