Being adaptable when it comes to life’s situations, changes and challenges can help us feel more resilient.
When we think about our adaptability it’s helpful to consider our ability to:
- Bounce back after adversity and ‘get back on the horse’
- Be realistically optimistic about what is achievable
- Be flexible when managing expectations and accepting change
Taking time to reflect about adaptability:
- When my plans change at the last minute, how do I adapt?
- When my workload is at capacity and I’m asked to take on something new, instead if automatically saying ‘yes’, what would happen if I said ‘no’ or ‘I could do that if…’
- What challenges do I have that I could do with some extra support to manage?