When we think about ‘Reasoning’ we want to consider our ability to:
- Problem solve – being open to finding alternative solutions to situations or problems
- Be resourceful – being able to find a variety of ways to overcome difficulties
- Anticipate and plan – being aware of alternative ways to manage and having a range of options prepared ahead of time, where possible
When we are able to see set-backs, difficulties or challenges as learning opportunities, we are better able to be creative and more resilient to what is happening around us.
Taking time to reflect about reasoning:
- How do I react when a plan changes?
- What do I need to be able to cope better with changes or difficult situations?
- How can I better plan for a range of outcomes, particularly when situations are important to me