What is unique about you? Why do people value you? These are clichéd interview questions, which can be answered tactically to get a job or we can look at them in a more meaningful and fundamental way.
Having a sense of your uniqueness (what you do and who you are) is a very steadying influence. It can keep you balanced when you are under pressure.
Spend 2 minutes thinking about your own uniqueness. Make some notes in a journal using the questions below, if you find them helpful.
- What is my uniqueness?
- What do people value in me?
- How do I know?
- If there are gaps in my awareness of why and how I am valued, how can I find out more?
If that was a difficult activity for you then why not collect some feedback, for example, you might;
- Ask trusted friends or relatives what they love about you most,
- Request that your family write down adjectives to describe what they value about you, or
- Ask colleagues what makes them glad to work with you.