A warm welcome to all those from Health and Social Care. We hope the resources across this space are helpful for you when managing your own wellbeing, while looking after others.
The information below has been provided by the Department of Health & Social Care and outlines the additional, specific support available to you.
Non-urgent advice: Help now
Find advice on managing your mental health and how employers can take care of the wellbeing of their staff during the coronavirus outbreak
For personal support:
– Text ‘FRONTLINE’ to 85258 to start a conversation
– Call the Samaritans emotional support line on 0300 131 7000 from 7:00am – 11:00pm
– Contact Hospice UK bereavement and trauma support on 0300 303 4434 from 8:00am – 8:00pm
Non-urgent advice: Support for Registered Managers
Skills for Care have created a package of support for Registered Managers. This includes a series of webinars, local networks, a Facebook group, essential training and a dedicated advice line
Non-urgent advice: Mental health apps
Social Care colleagues have unique access to the apps below:
– Daylight – provides support to people experiencing symptoms of worry and anxiety.
– Sleepio – a clinically-evidenced sleep improvement programme.
– Silvercloud – offers mental and behavioural programmes to support those experiencing difficult emotions and situations as a result of the pandemic. Use the code SOC2020
Non-urgent advice: Online platform
Wellbeing guidance, resources and support can be found on our dedicated workforce platform for those in Social Care. You can also search: Care workforce in your App store to download it to your smartphone
Information above provided from the Department of Health & Social Care